Saturday, October 23, 2010

Journal 7

I think that for the most part, I try to deal with conflicts in a mature and fair way, but the conflicts that do escalate in my life often escalate are often due to miscommunication. I often try to ignore or rationalize the actions of others to avoid getting in a conflict with that person. Then, whenever I can't take it anymore, I usually approach the person to deal with the conflict, but don't do it in the best way possible. Yelling at someone for doing something they never knew was a problem is not a very effective or efficient way of dealing with a conflict. So I've been working on trying to NOT be passive when there is a problem, and then approaching the person in a positive way to deal with the conflict instead of escalatory tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment