Sunday, September 19, 2010

Conflict Analysis in My Life

Not being able to eat gluten is one of the most complicated conflicts in my life. It involves so many people, maybe even more now that i moved to college, and now that i know the teminology, i can analyze the different levels of conflict it invloves. Especially when i frist discovered i could't eat gluten, and all of my favorite foods that incorporated the ingredient my body processes as poision, the conflict contained mostly internal conflict. Then, my family had to learn to adjust. My mom had to learn to cook gluten-free and my family had to remember to keep away from my food, and not eat my former favorite foods in front of me. That was an interpersonal conflict. When i came to the college, I found I had nothing to eat but salad on a daily basis. I had to work my way into a meeting with the Sodexo head chef to get him to order gluten-free versions of the typical food they make. My conflict with Sodexo is an ongoing intragroup conflict. Most days they have to make me my own meal, but I can't always guarantee that i will show up to that meal. Sometimes they have something waiting for me anyway, but other times I find myself waiting for the food. We are still working things out, but I am confident it will work out smoothly over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment