Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Journal 6 - Micro Theories

Within my conflicts, I do see some patterns. I'm a very nonconfrontational person so when a I sense a conflict with someone, I often let those feelings build within myself and prevent the other party involved from reaching the "awareness" stage in Kriesberg's model. As a result of my avoidance of conflict, "conflict conduct" doesn't often involve interaction between me and the other party. It's often me talking to someone else about my feelings toward the conflict. Escalation usually just involves becoming more frustrated at the situation and de-escalation is just the opposite. I either become less annoyed or just begin to feel better without interacting with the other party. In many ways my conflicts do resemble those in the models presented in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment