Sunday, September 26, 2010

Journal 3

Reflect in this journal on your group. What are your expectations for group process? What are your hopes for your ability to accomplish the task? Can you identify different styles/personalities that you think might effect how the group functions?

I expect that our group will work together well, but there will most likely be conflicts that arise that are just a part of working in a group. i.e. late arrivals to meetings, disagreement on topic, etc. But I hope that none of these conflicts will be big enough to get in the way of finishing our project with a good grade.
I think that in any group project, there are always different personalities that contribute different things to the group dynamic. Of course, there are the lazy people who don't do anything and get credit for the work, there are the over-achievers who do all the work themselves, there are more organized vs. messy people, there are the know-it-alls who won't listen to other people's ideas, and there are leaders and followers. I think my group won't have too much of a problem with the spread of work and the dedication to that work. I hope that our ability to accomplish the task isn't hindered by any bad personality types, and that our task can be done without a problem. I also hope that we might even be able to have a little fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment