Friday, September 3, 2010

Journal 2 - Conflict Metaphor

Conflict for me is like a water balloon about to burst. If I’m holding the balloon I have a feeling of power because I can control what direction the balloon goes. There are times when I am not holding the balloon though and I feel powerless. Sometimes the water balloon gets thrown at me when I’m not expecting it and it takes me by surprise. I am often able to recover but remain soaked by the balloon. Some days when it’s hot out it is refreshing to engage in a water balloon fight but other times I’m just not in the mood. Often times the water balloon is so full that it only takes a small amount of pressure to burst and impact everyone in close proximity.

2 comments:

  1. so - where do the balloons come from? who is filling them with water? ever get sheilds to protect yourself or a raincoat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the I bring the balloons, but other times the other participants supply them. The same is said for who is filling the balloons. When I thought about the water balloons, I didn't give a thought to having a raincoat for protection, rather the only protection I considered were the things around me (a tree or building to hide behind, etc).

    ReplyDelete