Saturday, September 4, 2010

Journal Entry 2

How do I feel about conflict in my life. What factors impact how I feel about conflict? What conflicts matter? Why? What do I want to learn about conflict this semester?

I feel pretty comfortable in my life and relationships right now and I don't feel like I have a large amount of conflict in my life at the moment. I feel some normal internal conflict brought about by the stress of beginning the school year, but all in all I don't feel like there is a lot of conflict for me to address right now. I like to think that I handle conflict pretty well (maturely at least), but I try to avoid conflict when I can. I try to make friends that aren't too touchy or drama/attention grabbers. I just find that it makes my life a lot easier.


There are many factors that impact how I feel about and deal with conflict. I'm sure there are many that I don't even realize. I think some of the main factors that impact how I feel about conflict are; who the other person is, my relationship with that person (respect/power), what the situation is/how serious, and how much I care about that person and the outcome of the conflict.


If a conflict really matters to me, that is usually when it effects me personally, or another person, subject, or object that I care about. It seems to me that people choose their causes based on what effects their lives directly. For instance, a person who's sibling has cancer is more likely to donate or run fundraisers for cancer research.


I want to learn how others deal with conflict so that I may better prevent and mediate conflict within my own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment