Sunday, September 5, 2010

Journal 1

Currently, my life is filled with conflict. As a new college freshman, I just moved 4 hours away from home and every day i am faced with conflicts that are completely new to me. Internal conflicts could include weighing the decision to study or take a nap. Social conflicts include every interaction with my roommate, or better yet weather to go out and see that movie when you know you should be writing that paper for German class.
Fortunately, these are the types of conflict that make life interesting. Without my parents around to tell me what to do, I will be able to fully discover just how responsible how I am. How much homework i try to get done early, or how clean i try to keep my room.
There are other types of conflict though, that are far less interesting and enjoyable than the self-discovery type. While it is connected to self-discovery, I find all social conflicts in which you have to interact with another person far more stressful than deciding weather or not you want to make your bed every day.

To me right now it seems that the smallest conflicts are the ones that matter most. You can't solve the world hunger problem without providing a few small areas the means to attain their own food first.
The thing i would like to know most about conflicts is why they are started in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment